Basic Cauliflower Rice
- Cut you cauliflower up into small florets
- Place them into a food processor (I used the Thermomix)
- Blend until the desired consistency is reached (be careful not to over blend!)
- Heat your choice of oil (I like pure butter for rice) and stir fry your cauliflower until cooked (about 5 mins)
This is a lovely aromatic version good for Thai style dishes.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to a frypan
- Add minced garlic (2 cloves), ginger (2 cm) and two finely sliced red chillies (optional) and stir fry for 2 mins
- Add desiccated coconut (1 - 2 Tablespoons) and cauliflower and stirfry for 5 - 10 mins until cooked
- Stir through spring onions (the green long type)
- Add butter to frypan then add one brown onion and 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Add cauliflower to pan along with 1 tsp garam masala and 1tsp tumeric
- Cook until done. Add salt if necesary
- Drizzle with fresh lime juice to taste (optional)
Chinese Fried Rice
This is super easy.
Garlic and onion
Scrambled egg (pre-prepared)
Broccoli (cut into small pieces.
Carrots (thin julienne), or capsicum
- Fry the onion and garlic
- Add all other ingredients (except egg)
- Stirfry for 5 minutes
- Add soy sauce mix and egg and stirfry for another 5 minutes or until cooked through
Feel free to share your cauliflower creations!
Christine is a mother of two, personal trainer, and Thermomix lover. If there is an opportunity to sneakily add more vegetables to her kids diet, she is onto it.